Thursday, April 3, 2014

My Dream of Whitney Houston

Had a dream of Whitney Houston today. I was her representative in the dream and I immediately understood what that meant. I was another her and she was another me. In my humanity, it was I who perceived a fall from grace and innocence. From forsaking my divine potential…yet unawares. But maybe even that is an unnecessary judgment of self. We all crawl before we can walk or run. I just appeared to crawl beyond the normal stage of development and could not keep up with my peer group. Childhood neglect does that. The theater was full of fans, but it was dark there and I could not see their faces. I could not receive the light or their love, because I knew of my past and my secrets. So I just finished watching a video of her singing, “The Greatest Love of All” and I know at the time she didn’t get what she was singing and I tried to sing it with her and it was so bittersweet. I don’t know why I am sharing this, but perhaps it is just for me to express and release more layers of regret and to stand in my own power to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment